Dippy on Tour: A Natural History Adventure
Dippy, the Natural History Museum's iconic Diplodocus cast, is going on a natural history adventure across the UK.
Dippy hopes you'll join him. There are incredible natural history collections and biodiversity to explore right on your doorstep.
Dippy will be visiting the following venues:
- Dorset County Museum, 10 February - 7 May 2018
- Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery, 26 May - 9 September 2018
- Ulster Museum, 28 September 2018 - 6 January 2019
- Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, Glasgow, 22 January - 5 May 2019
- Great North Museum: Hancock, Newcastle upon Tyne, 18 May - 6 October 2019
- National Museum Cardiff, 19 October 2019 - 26 January 2020
- Number One Riverside, Rochdale, 10 February - 28 June 2020
- Norwich Cathedral, 11 July - 31 October 2020
Dippy in Belfast
Dippy is now in Belfast, where he is feeling a little lonely – few dinosaur fossils have been found in Ireland. Where are they all?
Some modern species, such as snakes and moles, are also missing from Ireland. Why is that?
Join Dippy as he learns from the Ulster Museum's Dr Mike Simms about how Ireland's location, geological and climate history have shaped what we see now.
Dippy will explore how Ireland’s landscapes have changed dramatically since the time of the dinosaurs, find out about extinct monsters from the Ice Age, and discover that Ireland is now home to unfamiliar plants and animals that live nowhere else.
In partnership with
Dinosaurs and birds
For ages 4-7. An introduction to Dippy, dinosaurs, and their similarities with birds, their closest living relatives.
Adventures with Dippy
For ages 7-11. Activities for each stop on Dippy's adventure, including challenges and outdoor games.