Dippy on Tour: A Natural History Adventure
Dippy, the Natural History Museum's iconic Diplodocus cast, is going on a natural history adventure across the UK.
Dippy hopes you'll join him. There are incredible natural history collections and biodiversity to explore right on your doorstep.
Dippy will be visiting the following venues:
- Dorset County Museum, 10 February - 7 May 2018
- Birmingham Museum and Art Gallery, 26 May - 9 September 2018
- Ulster Museum, 28 September 2018 - 6 January 2019
- Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, Glasgow, 22 January - 5 May 2019
- Great North Museum: Hancock, Newcastle upon Tyne, 18 May - 6 October 2019
- National Assembly for Wales, 19 October 2019 - 26 January 2020
- Number One Riverside, Rochdale, 10 February - 28 June 2020
- Norwich Cathedral, 11 July - 31 October 2020
Dippy in Dorset
Starting his adventure on the Jurassic Coast, Dippy will find out about what lived in the seas while he was walking on land in what's now the USA.
Museum dinosaur researcher Paul Barrett says:
'The Jurassic Coast is one the UK's best sites for understanding the world at the time of the dinosaurs.
'Dippy would have recognised many of the same kinds of plants and animals that were also present in Jurassic Dorset. Cousins of Dippy roamed all over the area leaving their fossilised bones and footprints behind.'
In partnership with
Things to do at home or school
Our activities, games and worksheets will help you continue your natural history adventure. All learning resources are aligned to curriculums across England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Dinosaurs and birds
For ages 4-7. An introduction to Dippy, dinosaurs, and their similarities with birds, their closest living relatives.
Adventures with Dippy
For ages 7-11. Activities for each stop on Dippy's adventure, including challenges and outdoor games.